Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Happy Birthday Team StarKid!

Now I know I wrote about Team StarKid yesterday, but today is the third anniversary of them opening their YouTube channel, StarKidPotter, so I feel like this post is warranted, considering how much they've affected my life.

I feel like this song, Holiday Club by Jim and the Povolos, perfectly sums up how far they've come.


Because, guys, look how much they've done! They've toured the country twice to sold out shows. They have five ridiculously successful musicals. Darren Criss is on Glee. Joey Richter is on Jessie. Lauren Lopez is in a movie. Meredith Stepien does successful stand-up. Some of them started a band, Jim and the Povolos. In the three years StarKid has been a viral success, the group has helped so many people.


I've only been a StarKid for about a year and a half, but in all that time, they've managed to change my life dramatically. I'm happier. I sing more. I laugh more. StarKid taught me that being me is okay, and I'm glad for that.

So thank you for that, StarKid. Thank you Darren for being the biggest goofball in public. I love you for it. Thank you Lauren for being so damn adorable. Thank you Brian Holden for being a dork. Thank you Joe Walker for getting in my head every time I watch a Harry Potter movie. Thank you Dylan Saunders for, well, being you. Thank you Jaime Lyn Beatty for being so fun-loving. Thank you Meredith for putting a smile on my face every single day. And thank you to every other StarKid out there because you are all wonderful and amazing people.

Happy birthday, Team StarKid. I love you all. Please, keep doing what you're doing. Keep changing lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment